How may USDA funds be used?
Funds backed by USDA loan guarantees can be used for:
- New or existing residential property to be used as a permanent residence. Closing cost and reasonable/customary expenses associated with the purchase may be included in the transaction
- A site with a new or existing dwelling
- Repairs and rehabilitation when associated with the purchase of an existing dwelling
- Refinancing of eligible loans
- Special design features or permanently installed equipment to accommodate a household member who has a physical disability
- Reasonable and customary connection fees, assessments or the pro rata installment cost for utilities such as water, sewer, electricity and gas for which the buyer is liable
- A pro rata share of real estate taxes that is due and payable on the property at the time of loan closing. Funds can be allowed for the establishment of escrow accounts for real estate taxes and/or hazard and flood insurance premiums
- Essential household equipment such as wall-to-wall carpeting, ovens, ranges, refrigerators, washers, dryers, heating and cooling equipment as long as the equipment is conveyed with the dwelling
- Purchasing and installing measures to promote energy efficiency (e.g. insulation, double-pained glass and solar panels)
- Installing fixed broadband service to the household as long as the equipment is conveyed with the dwelling
- Site preparation costs, including grading, foundation plantings, seeding or sod installation, trees, walks, fences and driveways
Terms from 10-30 years with very competitive pricing.How do we get started? Applicants must contact an approved lender. First Equity has been a leading USDA lender in Alabama for many years. Our service areas have a Buzzillion qualified properties and eligible borrowers. Have a question?Text us 24/7 below and we'll be thrilled to assist you.